2020 Worldwide Charity Single
In response to this unprecedented crisis in 2020 we are creating a new single; a unique version of the Chinese folk song Mo Li Hua, song of the jasmine flower, which is a symbol of compassion and humility. For this new single we are bringing together singers and solo artists from across the globe including Pihcintu, Young KL Singers of Kuala Lumpur, J Hoard, Justin Stanton from Snarky Puppy, Gwilym Simcock, Bernhard Schimpelsberger, Thomas Gould and hundreds of singers from Asia, Africa, Europe and the USA. To help refugees in their greatest time of need, we are donating sales from this charity single to the UNHCR, the UN’s refugee charity. We believe that as this emergency goes on, inequalities are more sharply exposed. More than ever, the most in need are the most likely to be forgotten. We do not want to forget them.
Would you like to add your voice? We are welcoming submissions from across the world. Download sheet music, audio tracks, lyrics and pronunciation guide here.
- If the file is too large to email, you can use cloud sharing formats such as WeTransfer, Google Drive or Dropbox.
- This handy guide is great if it’s your first time recording audio on your phone.
Simple Recording Guide
- Record audio on your phone or any device. (NB Phone recording quality is generally better than iPad/tablet.)
- Save the file with you name and voice part, for example ‘Sarah Vaughan – Soprano.m4’
- Email your recording to email@example.com
- Please include your full name, your voice part, town/city, and country in your email, and include a portrait picture of yourself (head and shoulders only) against a plain, light coloured background, so that we can credit you!
PARTICIPATE in Common and Kind 2020 Workshops
While we cannot be together in the way that we love to be for our adult and schools partnership workshops, our workshop programme continues online in 2020 for all adult participants, including refugee and asylum seeker friends. If you would like to join us for regular sessions, including coaching on Mo Li Hua, singing more songs, energising warm-ups, vocal coaching, language coaching, preparations for our 2020 UK concert and more, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org